Please note that I am not a medical practitioner and have merely utilized the information on Interstitial cystitis found online.I am also not affiliated with any author or to any clinic or hospital
This is a really useful article about finding out if you have interstitial cystitis and different treatment options.It is often very difficult to determine whether you have bacterial cystitis or interstitial cystitis.This article clarifies in great detail the difference between the two.
Interstitial cystitis and similar conditions
Here is an article from URO Today which talks about Urinary tract Infections and Endometriosis which may have symptoms that are similar to IC
UroToday.com – Symptoms characteristic of IC have been reported to occur in more than 2% of women. Far more common conditions can result in confounding symptomatology. Dr. Jeffrey Dell and colleagues from Knoxville, Tennessee and New Brunswick, NJ remind us of some of these more common disorders.
Urinary tract infections (UTI) are very common among women. Over half of all women will experience a urinary tract infection during their lifetimes. Many BPS/IC patients are mistakenly diagnosed with recurrent UTI, and the importance of documenting the presence of true infection in patients with dysuria and frequency is self-evident if one does not want to miscategorize and mistreat this group of patients.
Endometriosis, the presence of endometrial glands and stroma outside the uterus, is a common gynecological condition occurring in up to 50% of premenopausal women and in 71-87% of women with chronic pelvic pain. Patients with endometriosis may present with chronic pelvic pain in addition to urinary frequency, dysuria, and hematuria, particularly if the bladder wall is involved. Dyspareunia is another common symptom. The pain of endometriosis is typically cyclical. The diagnosis is based on history, physical examination, laparoscopic examination, and confirmation by histology.
Interstitial cystitis potential treatments- There are a number of mainstream as well as complementary health care treatments for IC.There are also therapies for IC from Ayurveda and Chinese medicine
The most comprehensive list of mainstream IC treatments can be found on the IC Network website:
- This is an interesting article on Intertitial Cystitis and Stem Cell therapy http://www.icpbssupport.com/ic–stem-cell-treatment-interview.html
- Here is a link to the NHS website which lists different complementary therapies http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/complementary-alternative-medicine/Pages/complementary-alternative-medicines.aspx
- The Hale clinic in London also offers various complementary therapies and the widest range of holistic treatments in europe http://www.haleclinic.com/
- Here is a link to a book on sound healing with nam myo ho renge kyo a mantra from the buddhist tradition but which can be utilized from people from all religons and atheists which mentions how the author cured himself of cancer with sound healing http://www.amazon.co.uk/Modern-Buddhist-Healing-Spiritual-Transcending/dp/0892540621/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408021441&sr=8-1&keywords=modern+buddhist+healing
- Here is a link to a book on sound healing with mantras which mentions specific mantras such as the Mahamritunjaya mantra and Rama Healing manta from the Hindu tradition for physical health.Again though the roots of this practice are Hindu these mantras can be utilized by people from all religions and atheists as well as agnostic people. Sound healing really gave me a breakthrough in IC after 17 yrs along with mainstream medicines like prelief and lyrica (prelief is awesome).I’d really urge patients to try sound healing for 30 min daily in the privacy of their own home for atleast 40 days.It’s completely free and you can do it independently at home without relying on anyone else.At best you will feel a whole lot better.At worst you will have lost 20 hours of your time without any effect.Sceptics will argue that even if it works it’s just the placebo effect.It doesn’t matter if it’s just the placebo effect.What matters is that you feel a whole lot better. Here is a link to how these 2 mantras are said Mahamritunjaya mantra https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClxgIS-_X_g
- Rama Healing mantra https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-ugDfGTHhE
- Here is a book which explains sound healing http://www.amazon.co.uk/Healing-Mantras-Thomas-Ashley-Farrand/dp/0345431707/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408021552&sr=8-1&keywords=healing+mantras
Please have a look at the institute of chinese medicine website
There are many clinics which offer Ayurvedic treatments for IC for eg http://www.ayuwave.com/contacts.php